how to get your or/cr in 7 days

How to get your OR/CR in 7 Days for your New Motorcycle or Three-Wheeler

There is no magic to getting your OR/CR quickly and it costs no extra.

Why it is important to get your OR/CR Quickly

It is an offence to drive a vehicle without an OR/CR so we advise you not to ride your motorcycle if it is not registered.

You are allowed to for 7 days Under LTO No Registration No Travel policy after that you can only park your Motorcycle or Three-Wheeler at your house and not use it until it is registered.

However, as the insurance is normally issued on the same day it is registered it would probably mean you are not insured during them 7 days.

Why insurance is so important.

If you are not insured and you are involved in an accident you are going to have to pay for damages out of your own pocket. This could mean paying out anything from a few thousand to millions.

You might think why would it cost millions, well if you cause an injury that needs a lot of hospital treatment or it is a long term injury it will.

So how do you get a OR/CR plus Insurance in just 7 days

The answer is simple you buy the Motorcycle or Three-Wheeler from Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers Parts and Services Corp.

Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers do the registration in 3 to 7 days and they do it for all their customers.

Normally it takes 3 days to get the OR/CR but they say 7 days to make sure they do not let customers down.

The only exception to this has been when LTO is closed because of quarantine.

Ask any Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers customers and they will confirm that Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers do the OR/CR in 7 days.

Why do some Dealers take months to do the OR/CR?

We have no idea why they take so long or for their reasons. What we do know it is not because of LTO as if you do it correctly LTO does the registration quickly.

It is something you as a customer should be asking when you buy a vehicle of any type. No one wants to buy a Motorcycle or a Three-Wheeler and wait months before you can use it.

I had it myself when I was looking at buying a car, I asked the dealer how long it would take to register it and they told me it was normally about 3 months. When I asked why they told me it was how long LTO took.

I did not buy a car from them, why would I buy a car and have to wait months before I could drive it?

Can Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers help if you bought from a different Dealer?

Sorry while Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers would love to help you and they are willing to help with parts, repairs etc. even if you did not buy from them. There is no way they can help with registrations of vehicles that you did not buy from them.

They simply can not get involved in the registration process of other dealers.

What Motorcycles do Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers sell?

Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers are a TVS Dealer and sell the complete range of TVS including the TVS Apache (all models), TVS Dazz, TVS Max, TVS Neo, TVS RockZ, TVS Tormax and the TVS XL 100.

They also stock a lot of parts have highly trained mechanics and give European style aftersales.

Finance at Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers

Because Finance companies are reluctant to take on new dealers during the pandemic Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers can not offer finance at the moment and deal only in cash sales.

However, there are plenty of ways for you to get finance. Probably the cheapest is to get a bank loan, next is to approach finance companies direct, this also means you can shop about for the best deal and often you can find better terms than in house financing.

We strongly advise you do not to drive any vehicle without the registration documents.

FAQ: How to Get Your OR/CR in 7 Days for Your New Motorcycle or Three-Wheeler

Q: Why is it important to get your OR/CR quickly?

A: It is essential to obtain the Official Receipt/Certificate of Registration (OR/CR) promptly because driving a vehicle without these documents is against the law. We advise against using your motorcycle if it is not registered. According to the LTO’s “No Registration No Travel” policy, you have a grace period of 7 days to use the vehicle. After that, you can only park it at your house and cannot use it until it is registered. Keep in mind that during this period, your vehicle may not be insured.

Q: Why is insurance important?

A: Insurance is crucial because if you are uninsured and involved in an accident, you will be responsible for covering the resulting damages. Depending on the severity of the accident and any resulting injuries, these costs can range from a few thousand pesos to millions. Long-term injuries or extensive hospital treatments can significantly increase expenses.

Q: How can you obtain the OR/CR and insurance in just 7 days?

A: To expedite the registration process, we recommend purchasing your motorcycle or three-wheeler from Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers Parts and Services Corp. They guarantee to complete the registration within 7 to 14 Days, although it typically takes around 6 days. Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers prioritizes customer satisfaction and offers this service to all their customers.

Q: Why do some dealers take months to complete the OR/CR process?

A: The reasons behind prolonged registration processes by other dealers are unknown. However, it is important to note that it is not due to LTO procedures, as the registration can be completed quickly if done correctly. As a customer, it is advisable to inquire about the registration process duration before making a vehicle purchase, as waiting for months before being able to use the vehicle can be inconvenient.

Q: Can Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers assist if you purchased from a different dealer?

A: While Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers is willing to help with parts and repairs, even if you did not buy from them, they cannot assist with the registration process for vehicles purchased from other dealers. They are only able to facilitate the registration for vehicles purchased directly from their dealership.

Q: What motorcycles does Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers sell?

A: Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers is an authorized TVS dealer and offers the complete range of TVS motorcycles, including the TVS Ntorq, TVS Apache (all models), TVS Dazz, TVS Max, TVS Neo, TVS RockZ, TVS Tormax, and the TVS XL 100.

Q: What is an OR/CR in the Philippines?

A: In the Philippines, the OR/CR refers to the Official Receipt and Certificate of Registration. The OR is an official document issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) after completing the registration process for a vehicle. It serves as proof of payment for registration fees and other charges. The CR is another document issued by the LTO that confirms the ownership and registration details of the vehicle. Both the OR and CR are important documents that a vehicle owner must possess to legally operate their vehicle on public roads in the Philippines.

Q: What is the difference between CR and OR?

A: In the context of vehicle registration in the Philippines, the CR (Certificate of Registration) and the OR (Official Receipt) are two distinct documents with different purposes. Here’s the difference:
Certificate of Registration (CR): The CR is an official document issued by the Land Transportation Office (LTO) in the Philippines. It serves as proof that a vehicle is registered and provides information about the vehicle’s ownership, technical specifications, and other relevant details. The CR contains the vehicle’s engine and chassis numbers, plate number, registered owner’s name, address, and the date of registration. It is an important document that establishes legal ownership of the vehicle.
Official Receipt (OR): The OR is a document issued by the LTO upon payment of registration fees and other charges associated with vehicle registration. It serves as proof of payment and includes details such as the amount paid, the purpose of payment (e.g., registration fees), the LTO office where the payment was made, and the date of payment. The OR is important as it demonstrates that the necessary fees have been paid for the registration process.
In summary, the CR provides information about the vehicle’s registration and ownership, while the OR serves as proof of payment for the registration fees. Both documents are necessary for operating a vehicle legally in the Philippines.

how to get your or/cr in 7 days for your new motorcycle or three-wheeler law for three-wheelers
How to get your OR/CR in 7 Days for your New Motorcycle or Three-Wheeler 19

9 thoughts on “How to get your OR/CR in 7 Days for your New Motorcycle or Three-Wheeler”

  1. avatar of kate c. secretaria

    Good day,

    I would like to asked when is the exact releasing of a original ORCR. I purchased my motorcycle last April 6,2022 at DES MARKETING, INC Upper Tulay Minglanilla, Cebu. They said it will be registered in Region VI.

    Thank you and hoping to hear from you soon.

    Kate C. Secretaria

    1. avatar of allan r

      We can not say for other dealers, if you got it from Tuk Tuk 3-Wheelers we always do the OR/CR straight away to make sure you have it in 7 days.

      1. avatar of nashieva e adap
        Nashieva E Adap

        Hi, Sir/Madam
        Good day! I would just like to ask if the ORCR of my newly purchased motorcycle has been submitted to your office yet?

        Make: Yamaha
        Model: Sniper 155R
        Engine NO:
        CHASSIS NO:
        Purchase date: May 07 2022
        Dealer Name :

        Thank you for your assistance

        1. avatar of allan r

          Hi I have removed the details from your comment to protect your privacy.
          Sorry, we can not help you with this as we have no access to such information it is best if you contact your dealer or LTO.
          We are just a TVS dealer with a policy to ensure our customers get their OR/CR in 7 days.

  2. avatar of apple

    Hello, been trying to contact your antipolo branch, but it seems no one is available to answer the phone call. Would like to inquire on the pricelist of TVS. Thank you

  3. avatar of stephen roberts
    Stephen Roberts

    i had called several weeks ago and spoke with a English gentleman who was very helpful. unfortunately your firm did not have the exact Tuk Tuk I was looking to purchase for my Filipino o family so I had to purchase elsewhere this time. I am hoping to get some advice on acquiring insurance. Where would I go to find out more about insurance, coverage, deductibles etc?
    Any help is appreciated.

    Stephen Roberts

  4. avatar of mj vallejos

    Why are tricycles and tuktuk prohibited from traveling the national highways when two wheelers can ? Two wheelers can run very very fast while three wheelers can’t. That’s unfair.

    1. avatar of a ray

      Tuk Tuks are not prohibited from national highways, there is no law that prevents them. Tricycle motorcycles with sidecar on the other hand are prohibited on safety grounds. A tricycle is really just a motorcycle designed to carry 2 people and as such the brakes are not up to the extra load of having a sidecar and extra passengers. A tuk tuk on the other hand is designed to carry 4 people.

Leave a Reply